CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 23, 2007

Tears

I don't know why I'm crying all the time lately. I talked to the kids this morning about the needs at the orphanage, and how badly I want to help. I told them how sad I felt that this Christmas all the kids in the orphanage would be struggling to keep warm for lack of windows and blankets while all the kids in America are writing their letters to Santa asking for video games, wiis, toys, clothes, all the latest fads. I asked them how they felt about maybe just getting one big family present instead of a bunch of individual presents this Christmas so that we can help the orphans. I expected them to say yes, but they all said, "No"! They said they didn't want ANY presents this Christmas! They want to save ALL our Christmas money to give to the orphanage. I just burst into tears and told them how proud I am! Great kids. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Obviously, these dear kiddos have seen some good MODELS at home, and didn't get these values from MTV....uhmnnnnnn

Oma said...

Oma here thinks it might be a good idea for us to forgo gifts too and maybe new tree trimmings this year along with the kids. You kids have the right idea. Christmas is all about sharing anyway! Yeah for the Urban kids who just happen to be my grandchildren.