If you think our family is crazy....
You ought to read about the Rieben family!
Richard and Valerie are the parents of 2 1/2 yr. old triplets (that's right, I said triplets!). That in and of itself makes them a crazy family, in my opinion. But they just returned from Uzbekistan two weeks ago. They returned with a little once-orphaned baby, Joshua, now a Rieben. And where are they now? In Ukraine...What are they doing there you might ask? They are bringing home another Rieben boy, Evan, a 3 yr. old with a medical condition affecting his muscle and limb development. Both children they are adopting have special needs and will require multiple surgeries, therapy, etc. These are special, special people, my friends.
Tomorrow I will be watching their blog very carefully. The orphanage where Evan lives happens to be the same orphanage where Ava lives. In fact, Evan and Ava are roommates! Valerie sent me the nicest email a couple of days ago promising to hold Ava and kiss her for us, and tell her that her family will be there soon for her. With all the craziness of her household, and planning a second international adoption in a 3 week period, that she would take the time to promise to send kisses to our daughter. That really meant the world to me. To know that Ava will be held soon, cuddled, kissed, talked to.... Pretty amazing! That makes the waiting a little bit more bearable tonight. Valerie, if you read this, THANK YOU. I can't wait to hear about her!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
If you think the Urbans are crazy......
Posted by liesel at 8:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Charissa, she is BEAUTIFUL! I sent you an e-mail, but wanted to thank you for your kind words about our family! I can't wait to tell you even more about your precious princess!!!!
I agree they are an amazing family as all special families that open their hearts to a child needing some TLC!
Post a Comment