CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A messenger in Ukraine

I had an email in my inbox today from a special family in Ukraine. Their adoption of little Evan is going smoothly. Valerie is going to try to see and hold Ava tomorrow, and hopefully take some new pictures for us. While she hasn't managed to take pictures yet, she has managed to go over to the crib where Ava lays and talk to her. Here is what Valerie said:

I got to see Ava again today for a few minutes and she looks completely healthy. Even though Inna and the caretakers keep saying the chicken pox are going around the orphanage, I have yet to see evidence of them. I am still waiting for a chance to ask Inna about pictures, but we are meeting with her tomorrow afternoon and I am hoping to get the go-ahead then (Kelly is also sending her an e-mail to ask if I can as well), so hopefully I will have some pictures to send to you very soon.

When I saw Ava today I said hello to her in Russian and she got so excited. She started waving her little arms all over the place and making noises! It was adorable. I really do hope that they will let me hold her a little. I think that she would just be in heaven! She is just so beautiful Charissa! Pictures just do not do her justice! I cannot wait until you have her in your arms (and I get to see pictures of the two of you together. . .I can just imagine the smile on her face)!

Anyway, I will definitely keep you posted about pictures and any time I get to spend with her! I am praying that you get your travel dates very, very soon!

Hugs,
Valerie

2 comments:

Shelley said...

She is a beautiful little girl & I am so glad that she is still healthy & doing well. She has the prettiest little smile. Not much longer now and you will have her in your arms. Such a lucky little girl and she doesn't even know it yet! It looks like you are are on about the same schedule as we were...you'll get there just in time for her birthday.

Valerie said...

Ugh! Still no pictures! I am so sorry Charissa! Inna was out of the office when we got to the orphanage yesterday so I couldn't ask her about pictures, but Masha is going to call her and ask and hopefully I will have the go-ahead by Monday (which probably seems like an eternity away). I am not going to leave Ukraine without spending some time with Ava and getting some good pictures!! I did have Richard poke his head into the room to say hello to her this evening when we were bringing Evan back after our visit and he said she gave him a big smile! Hopefully I will have some evidence of that smile for you soon!