CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

When Jude grows up

About a week ago I was telling John how happy I was when Jude told me recently that he wants to be a pastor when he grows up. Simeon was overhearing this conversation and had a really worried and puzzled look on his face. I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "Mom, why would you be happy that Jude wants to be a 'gangster' when he grows up?!" Ah, the power of one syllable.

We have been praying specifically for two orphans in Eastern Europe. One is a little girl who was just on the verge of being adopted, and lost her family at the last minute (long story). The other is a little boy, who also has a mild disability, whose chances of being adopted have just dropped because two of his siblings were recently abandoned. The laws of the country are that orphaned sibling sets can't be separated. The chances of finding a family who would take 3 siblings, one of whom has special needs, are pretty slim. Both of these children face institutionalization if not adopted very, very soon.

So after we prayed for them tonight, Jude said, "Mom, when I grow up I want to start an orphanage. And I'm going to build a church inside the orphanage, and I'm going to be the pastor." I just started boohooing. I asked him if I can come work with him. I said, "You can preach, and I can change diapers and rock babies." He just grinned.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh...I want to come rock babies too!!!!! I'll let you change the diapers though :)

Anonymous said...

I love that boy's heart!
Aunt Janell

Stephanie said...

After Chase watched the today show this morning i think he'll be happy to assist jude... he is sooo upset about what he saw in serbia : (