CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Meet Bliss




This is Bliss, our golden retriever. 12 years ago on my birthday, John walked into our first apartment carrying a little golden furball with a pink ribbon around her neck. If there had been blogs 12 years ago, this blog would have been solely devoted to Bliss. We used to take her out for fast food, waterskiing at the lake, ice skating on the pond in the winter, swimming, camping, on family trips. We even took her to a photo studio to have her pictures taken professionally!!! (I can't believe I just admitted that). She went in the car with us everywhere and we opened the sun roof so she could stick her head out the top and let her jowls and ears flap in the wind. (For some reason that is really fun for a dog). My brother made fun of me for putting diapers on her, and bathing her once a week....in my bathtub.

Look at her now. How things have changed. The vet said her thyroid is low. Maybe that's why she lays around all the time. Or maybe because she's old. Maybe because she has arthritis. Who knows? (I confess, I didn't buy the thyroid replacement or spend $85 on an x-ray) One thing I know though is that she is happy, and she has been the best dog anybody could ever ask for. Isn't it obvious?

P.S. I just learned that red-eye removal does not work on dogs.

3 comments:

The Spicer Family said...

Ah, yes, the dog who was your child; we had three of those! One had a bad skin condition and I washed him in our tub all the time, when I wasn't taking him to the vet or groomer, that is. Another was epileptic and we spent lots of time and money of her. I wish they had lived long enough to be pets to our children; you are lucky in that regard. Nonetheless, we now have 7 dogs to match our 7 kids. LOL We are nothing if not crazy around here!

Give Bliss a kiss from us! LOL

Jill

Wendy said...

I would have liked to have been there when you were trying to put the eyedrops in the dogs eye!!

He probably thought you were crazy.

Wendy
www.saundersgang.blogspot.com

amyl4 said...

Golden Retrievers are wonderful, aren't they? Our Mikey is 4 years old and he is such a clown. Once when a chipmunk got into our house and for some reason ran into Mikey's cage which was open and had Mikey laying in there,.... You neversaw a dog shoot out of somewhere so fast! He's like an elephant afraid of mice, but we love him!!
Amy