I can't believe how much easier my life has gotten these last couple of weeks. I had no idea how loud and how busy my house was until I realized how quiet it could be when there are only two people in it. I have been home schooling my kids since the very beginning. And I could never understand why, at 4:00 when the neighbor kids got off the school bus, they would run straight to OUR house instead of going home to eat their own snacks or say hello to their mother!
This is our first year to try "real" school. I halfway worried all summer, and cried 3 times during the open house. I'm sure 4th grade teachers are not used to see mothers crying during Open House!! HA Embarrassing!
But they all seem to be adjusting really well. I really expected some "bumps", some phone calls home, or tears while being dropped off. But....nothing so far. Praise God for an easy transition! In fact, they all decided they wanted to ride the school bus!! Sad for me, but I can imagine how much fun it would be for a 6 year old boy to get to ride in a giant yellow vehicle with a bunch of other kids....without a seatbelt at that! So we worked out a compromise. Let me tell you how scary and weird it was watching my kids get on the school bus with this total stranger...as nice as I'm sure he is. :) Here is a picture of their first day riding the school bus!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Changes
Posted by liesel at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment