CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Precious boy

My kids eat a lot! Seems that every 5 minutes someone is "starving" in my house. In a typical moment of 4 kids begging me for a snack from the "snack basket" at 4:35pm as I am trying to set the table and prepare dinner, or telling me they are dying of thirst as we drive down the highway 5 minutes from home, I informed them: YOU ARE NOT STARVING. YOU ARE NOT DYING OF THIRST. A PERSON CAN SURVIVE FOR 3 WEEKS WITHOUT FOOD AND 3 DAYS WITHOUT WATER. YOU ARE NOT STARVING.

For so many months we have prayed for the orphans of the world, then prayed about adopting one, and ever since we have made the decision to adopt, my kids have been under the impression that we are saving up our money to "buy" her. I guess I should explain, but it is so cute to hear their prayers and the funny thoughts that go through their mind through this adoption process. We have talked about various ways we could cut back in order to put more towards the adoption fund. Tonight John and I were looking at the food budget, trying to do better on grocery spending, and he mentioned how much he loves beans and rice, and maybe we could do like the people of Mexico and just eat them all the time....We would REALLY save money that way!

Well Jude, bless his heart was overhearing this conversation, and he said, "Hey Dad, I know.....Lets just not buy any food! We could survive 3 weeks without food! That way we could buy Ava sooner!"

2 comments:

Tim Rovenstine said...

This kid JUDE sounds like he might have discovered a key to wealth

Anonymous said...

Those kids really do have big hearts !! -Heather