CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Waiting

I always thought I was a patient person. But I can't believe how slowly the time is going by as we wait for our INS approval. We submitted our I-600A forms over 2 months ago.

I still look at Ava's picture at least a dozen times a day, and I wonder if anyone is holding her or loving her. I wonder if she even understands the concept of belonging to someone, and I wonder if she longs for a mother as much as I am longing for her.

Jesus, please let her feel your love and our love for her while she waits for us. Thank you for being her Shepherd and hearing her needs even when she can't speak them. Let her rest peacefully in your presence until I can rock her in my arms. Keep her heart strong until we can come rescue her and get her the medical help she so desperately needs. Thank you for being her Father these years that she hasn't had one. We feel so honored that you would offer this child to us. We gladly receive her into our hearts and into our family. In the good times we will thank you for the joys she brings us and in the difficult times we will be blessed because we will be doing as unto YOU. We will do our best to be your hands and arms and voice to her. We consider it a privilege to call Ava...."ours". You have done so much for us, and we are now happy to offer to you the gift of a family to your little lamb Ava, who you love so much.

0 comments: