CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Kids and public restrooms

One of the things I don't care for about eating as a family at restaurants is the fact that I spend more time in the restroom than I do sitting and enjoying my meal. Inevitably, somebody has to "Go #2" right in the middle of dinner, and I end up in the restroom waiting on them, only to have to return to finish my enchiladas and refried beans. I read a blog this morning with a funny bathroom story and it reminded me of this one, that I have never written down. I thought I better do that, because this is one that shouldn't be forgotten.

A while back we went out to eat with another family, and my 3yr. old, at the time (I won't mention names), had to "poop" and the 1yr. old had a dirty diaper. So I took both of them to the bathroom. After I changed the diaper, we waited and waited for the 3 yr. old to finish. While we waited I decided to provide some entertainment.

Thinking we were the only ones in the bathroom, I lifted the 1yr. old onto my shoulders, leaned her over the bathroom stall, and moved her lips with my finger, my voice talking like a baby, saying, "Hurry up, will ya? The food is getting cold! Come on, hurry it up!"....No response. "Hello? Are you OK in there? Did you fall in?"....No response. "HELLO?!".....At this point, a little old lady answered, very meekly and timidly, "hello". I looked under the stall, and lo and behold it was not the little pair of 3yr. old's shoes I was expecting to see, but a pair of ladies' shoes. The toddler shoes were dangling under the stall next door. OOOOPPPPPS!

Needless to say, I was very embarrassed when she finally came out. I apologized but she didn't say much. And looking in the mirror I could see my face was very red.

5 comments:

Jill Rude said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is SOO funny!!

junglemama said...

Too funny! THanks for the chuckle this morning. :)

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing Charissa, and for wriring it down, because that *does* need to be remembered!! Too funny!

Christina
from RR

The Spicer Family said...

Hysterical!! I will be thinking of that story now every time I inevitably take Vera and Emma to the potty at a restaurant. Or church. Too funny. Jill

Anonymous said...

Law of Sowing and Reaping I hope is not a factor in this incident. You describe well what your face might have looked like, I am trying to imagine what that little ole lady on the pot was thinking......this was a good laugh. Thanks