CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More Christmas Memories



Looking at last year's Christmas pictures I stumbled across this Christmas memory. Jude got very attached to this particular gingerbread man that he decorated. As you can see, they became very good friends...that is, until Jude got hungry and took a bite out of its leg. He began to cry and cry, "Why did I do that?! I loved that gingerbread man!" Nothing could fix it. A new leg glued on with icing wouldn't fix it, a brand new gingerbread man wouldn't alleviate the pain and grief he felt. I think he cried for about an hour and a half that day. I'll never forget the wailing coming from his bedroom, his face buried in his pillow, crying, "Why? Why? Why did I do that?!"

So John comes home and spends about 5 minutes in his room talking to him. They both come out smiling, and Jude is eating the rest of the cookie that he had been gripping for the last 90 minutes. Shocked, I whispered, "What did you say?"

John answered, "I told him that gingerbread men are happiest when they are eaten." That's all it took. Gee, why didn't I think of that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article written and sent to REAADERS DIGEST ought to get you a $50 dollar prize in one of their sections of funny things people say! Sounds like John missed his calling, he should have been a child psychologist.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud on this one...so funny!