Not bad for the first try!! I told the kids that everyone could smile and get it over with, or we could make silly faces, bunny ears, look in opposite directions, pinch each other, etc, etc, and go on and on until we got it right. It helped that this was taken right before lunch and everybody was starving! We tried to get the dog in but she is so old she feels the need to lie down all the time.
This ornament was a gift from my friend Tina this summer right after we decided to adopt and decided her name would be Ava. Did I start crying when I opened it? Of course I did.
This is what I've been seeing and hearing all week: "Mom, PLEASE can we open JUST ONE? Pleeeaaase?"
"Mommy, I'm ready to go play in the snow now" (Check out the crown over the stocking cap, and the socks for mittens, not to mention the coat buttoned wrong and the mini skirt hiked way up)
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Merry Christmas from the Urban Family!!
Posted by liesel at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I just love to see all the family pictures...AND the shorts and hat pic is just too cute!
Go bring sweet AVA home! (We almost named our newest girls Ava Joy and the other Olivia Hope)
Rita
RR
Oh Charissa! The family pic is wonderful! And, I love the picture of sweet Ava your son is holding! I have never seen that one of her..., her grin is amazing! Is it one that Shelly took? I am so excited for your family this Christmas as you make the final preparations to welcome your new little one! God Bless and Merry Christmas!
Christina
The family picture is absolutely adorable! Are you serious, was it a first try? Outstanding!
And I'm glad to hear the good news about your dossier - hopefully you'll get your date VERY soon!
Merry Christmas Urban family!!! Your family photo is very cute. I can't wait to see the first one with Ava smiling in her mommy's arms. Won't be long now!
Gorgeous family, Charissa! I can't believe they looked so great on the first shot. Very nice!
Have you been letting Hope look at Vera on my blog? I think they may be related!
Merry Christmas!!
Jill
Beautiful family Charissa! I love how your son is holding Ava's picture! I'm so excited that you will be bringing her home soon!
Merry Christmas!
Amy
Threat, the most effectiuve parenting tool ever *teeheehee* Great pictures... Have a lovely Christmas!
Cant believe we will see your family picture in real life today Dec.24th after flying in from Mexico City. Your family it truly beautiful and that is inside as well as out. We pray things will go quickly for you. Oma and Opa are proud of you all!
Moving along in the course streams of life, these are precious moments, can them. The picture of Hope makes me think she might be photogenic. Good job, might post this one at Google Images.
I love the pictures, Charissa. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I can't wait until we have our girls home and we can share stories.
Merry Christmas!
~Lisa
www.oftheangelsadoptionjourney.blogspot.com
Post a Comment