We went out to eat at Zio's after church today, and as we were paying and getting ready to leave, THIS GUY (I googled him) walks in. He was wearing regular street clothes, not dressed like Santa at all, but I was amazed at the number of kids who were drawn to him anyway. I noticed him pulling out candy canes from his pocket, so we went over to say hello too. My nephew asked him, "What's your name?" And "Santa" said, "What do you think my name is?" Then he reached in his pocket again and pulled out some more candy canes, and gave the kids this card that says:
God loves you. He gave you the best gift of all. His Son, Jesus Christ.
On the back of the card it had the story of the candy cane, the red and white stripes representing Christ's blood and forgiveness of our sins, the "J" representing a sheperd's staff, and when turned upside down, a J for Jesus. I loved this man! My kids thought it was pretty cool to see Santa while he was officially off duty in his street clothes, and to see he is just as generous and kind even when he's not dressed up and sitting in a mall.....not to mention he loves Jesus too! :) Thanks Santa for making our day.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
My kind of Santa
Posted by liesel at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! A great concept and idea, I bet it would work in other countries?
Post a Comment