One of the steps that must be taken in order to adopt a child, is to have a thorough medical exam by a physician. This exam has to be notarized. So what would you do if you found out, after completing this exam, that the doctor's office does not have a notary public, and refuses to meet you at a bank to have it notarized. And no notary at the bank will travel to the doctor's office to witness the doctor's original signature, then what do you do? Hmmmm.....If anybody has any suggestions, please give them, because we are in a pickle!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You don't have to have it notarized at the drs office. Just get the dr to fill it out and sign it and then you attach a statement of authenticity to it. You can do this for any document in your Ukrainian dossier. It's not a big deal. Just get the medical filled out on the correct form with letterhead and then you get it notarized yourself. That's what we did.
Do you have a way to ask if anyone at your church is a notary and see if they might go to the doctor's for you? I can't believe no one at the doc's office is a notary! Poor girl--it'll all work out and you'll forget all these troubles when you have your beautiful girl in your arms, I promise!!!
Check your local UPS store. They usually have a notary who will travel for a fee. check the phone book for mobile notaries. Check real estate salesmen. some of them have notaries who would be willing to travel even if they have never considered it before. We have used all of those methods. It can be a real pain especially with international rules. Some notaries I had to actually teach them how to do their own forms! We got very good at it by the time we finished.
Update: I did solve my dilemma. I contacted the main branch of the doctor's office. Turns out they DO have a notary downtown. The office manager is going to hand deliver it to the main branch, have it notarized, and then bring it back for us to pick up at the end of next week. Thanks to everyone for suggestions. I am amazed at the people who do this adoption thing over and over again. It can really be a pain, but I've been told again, just like "labor" pains, it will all go away and I'll forget how painful it was!
I am so glad it worked out for you. I am not sure where you live, but I am a notary and waiting adoptive parent. I live in Georgia. If you happen to live in Georgia too, I will notarize anything for you free of charge.
Post a Comment