Our checklist for adoption:
1. Choose child-DONE
2. Get passports-DONE
3. Complete I-600A (orphan petition through Immigration)- DONE
4. Complete home study- DONE
5. Federal fingerprints- DONE
6. Complete dossier (all the collected forms and paperwork, plus official application to the foreign government)-DONE
7. INS approval-RECEIVED TODAY!!!!! (This means we have passed the test, and we have been approved to adopt internationally)
8. Apostille (fancy term for official certification) dossier, and mail overseas
9. Wait for in-country appointment date
10. Travel to meet our Ava!
Friday, September 28, 2007
We are approved!
Posted by liesel at 6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
From a hotel in Tesaloniki, Greece, I can only say 'sounds like you are experiencing Divine Favor'. We will keep trackin' this blog site and all roadblocks will definitely be removed. Sounds like there will be a Merry Christmas.
wow... only 3 more steps until Ava is in the arms of her mommy!!!
I love yesterdays story about show and tell.... too bad we dont live close to each other my kids and your kids sound like they could be great friends!
Congrats!
I am so happy for your whole family,and for little Ava who will be getting her long awaited family very soon!
Amy
Post a Comment