Moms all around me thought I was clever at the soccer games yesterday for bringing this portable sandbox. I wish I could take credit for the great idea but it was actually from Family Fun magazine, I think. Sure beats chasing toddlers all over the soccer field in the middle of the games. Turns out even 6 year old boys like it too. Hope found a little caterpillar that she named "Wormey Girl" that kept her entertained for the afternoon. But then tragically we lost Wormey Girl. Another clever mom told her maybe Wormey Girl had turned into a butterfly and flew away, and that seemed more satisfying to her than my answer of, "She must have missed her family".
Simeon asked his coach if he could play goalie yesterday. It was his first time, and he really did a fabulous job!
And lastly, here is a cheapskate's version of soccer photos. While parents were filling out checks and forms and ordering plaques, plates, mugs, keychains, I was by a tree with my digital camera with the intent of putting this photo on the blog or emailing it to family and friends! Hey, that is one less piece of clutter I'll have to deal with in a few years. :) With my first child I would have bought the deluxe package, and mailed wallet prints to every family member!
Sunday, September 30, 2007
A typical Saturday at the soccer fields
Posted by liesel at 7:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
And Oma and Opa wouldn't get the pictures until several months had past (snail mail in Mexico) and this we can see right away! Good job, Charissa, thrifty one!
Post a Comment