Son: "Mom, do I have a bruise on my back?"
Mom: "Yes. Why, what happened?"
Son: "Noah threw a rock at me."
Mom: "Why did he throw a rock at you?"
Son: "Because I threw a rock at him."
Mom: "Why did you throw a rock at him?"
Son: "Because it's fun! It was a rock-throwing contest. We were trying to see who could throw the hardest."
(I will never, ever EVER understand what could possibly be "fun" about a rock-throwing contest. I guess that's why I'm a girl.)
Thursday, October 18, 2007
An actual conversation with my son (age 9)
Posted by liesel at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did he wear a helmut in this rock throwing contest? Advise him that in preference he could use soft clods, after a rain,maybe mud balls would be safer. Doesn't sound much fun if he got a good whack in the face and a cut lip, but such is life and this is how wisdom is gained. Signed: A Friend of Experience.
Thanks for a good laugh! I definitely needed that! I too am completely mystified and intrigued by little boys! Never a dull moment!
ugh. this helps illustrate why so many evenings that Daddy and Son head out to 'play' I cannot go... I'm freaking out over every little thing Daddy is ok with. I entrust them to God.
Post a Comment