(I don't think this man fishing off the dock was very happy to see us)
It was a beautiful day for fishing. I haven't decided whether I love fishing or hate it! I decided today that I hate the actual act OF fishing, but love watching my husband and kids loving the actual act of fishing. I was not the least bit disappointed to find out that my fishing license has expired, so it would be illegal for me to hold a pole in the water. I was more than happy to get out of the job of baiting minnows on the hook, or helping reel lines in. But when faced with the choice between staying home and doing laundry, and going fishing.....Fishing it was!
Thankfully each kid caught something, although little, except for Hope. But she doesn't know the difference anyway. She pulled a minnow out of the minnow bucket and ran over to me and said, "Mommy, look what I caught!" I took a picture of her "catch", the same as everybody else's. And she took the little minnow and pretended that it had been separated from its father, the crappie. The minnow was kissing the crappie, and saying, "Oh, Daddy, Daddy, I missed you."
We watched geese, ducks and gulls, fed them Pringles and animal crackers, heard thunder and watched a storm roll our way. I enjoyed hearing the squeals of excitement at the prospect of a "bite" and watching the grins as they reeled in their bass, crappie and perch. We watched the sun set, and people on jet skis. And I went a little camera crazy, I think. And then we got to drive home in the pouring rain, all of us drenched.
So, yes, I think I have decided I like fishing, as long as it is with the people that I love the most. The only thing that would have made it a better day, is if Ava had been with us.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Fishing and a Rainstorm
Posted by liesel at 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment