Someone asked for photos of the completed fort beds...Here they are. The whole reason this project started was because one of the boy's bed frames broke and I had been trying to find some bunk beds at garage sales. When I couldn't find any I liked, John suggested he make them. I hate to say that I wasn't too confident at first in his ability to "make" a set of bunk beds, but I think I am married to a genius of a man to come up with this design in his head and put it together from scratch!
Fort beds have been so fun! There are advantages and disadvantages of fort beds, though.
Advantages
-No more clutter hiding under the bed
-Easy to vacuum the room
-No more stubbing toes on the metal frame
-FUN!
-More space to play
-Great space for reading under the bed
-Cool to show to the neighbor kids
-A fun project for dad and sons
Disadvantages
-Footprints on the ceiling
-Harder to make beds (but who cares, you can't see them anyway)
-A lot of thumping feet in the middle of the night
-Hard to carry a sleeping 6-yr. old from the couch to his bed
-Hard to tell when the sheets are dirty and need to be washed (Is that an advantage or a disadvantage?)
-Contrary to what we thought, it doesn't keep kids from crawling in bed with mom and dad early in the morning :)
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Footprints on the ceiling
Posted by liesel at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oma says how about a picture of the boys in their beds? How fun! Thanks, John Urban ! You are the best!
Cool bed!!! Kylie has a loft bed and chase has bunk beds and i agree with every one of your cons! It's also nearly impossible to tuck them in anymore : (
Post a Comment