Our checklist for adoption:
1. Choose child-DONE
2. Get passports-DONE
3. Complete I-600A (orphan petition through Immigration)- DONE
4. Complete home study- DONE
5. Federal fingerprints- DONE
6. Complete dossier (all the collected forms and paperwork, plus official application to the foreign government)-DONE
7. INS approval received-DONE (This means we have passed the test, and we have been approved to adopt internationally)
8. Apostille (fancy term for official certification) dossier, and mail overseas-DONE
9. Wait for in-country appointment date
10. Travel to meet our Ava!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
GOOD NEWS-Dossier on its way overseas!
Posted by The Urbans at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats!
How exciting! It won't be long now!!!!
Amy
WAHOO! Congratulations Charissa! Not much longer before you will be holding that precious princess in your arms! We are hoping to get our appointment date soon and I promise to give her a big hug and let her know that her mommy is coming while I am over there!
Post a Comment