




I always thought computers were from the devil until I discovered the wonder of "Yahoo Groups". There is a little Yahoo group called Reece's Rainbow, a group of families who have adopted, are considering adopting, or are in the process of adopting a child or children with Down Syndrome and other special needs. I LOVE THIS GROUP! (I wish someone could invent a way to get us all together for a cup of coffee too). Some of these moms I just know by name, and some by their pictures and names, and I have a feeling one day soon I will get to meet a couple of them in person. It is through the courage of these moms, some of whom have multiple children with DS, that our family has been inspired to adopt a child with special needs. These are just a few of the families that I have pictures of. There are many more in the group. Aren't they beautiful?
Here is a link with pictures of other children and families who have recently adopted or been adopted. These pictures always bring tears to my eyes, considering the would-have-been fate for many orphans with disabilities in other countries. These kids have families now! Forever families! So take a look and enjoy these sweet pictures as I have many, many times. I like to imagine what our "Family Homecoming Picture" will look like on this very link in just a few short months!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Some of my favorite families...
Posted by liesel at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it Charissa! What a wonderful way to share the joy of having children with Down syndrome.
Amy
Charissa... you haven't blogged since tuesday!!! are you ok?!?!
Post a Comment