CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Missing her...

Waiting is for the birds! There is waiting with every pregnancy, but you get to feel your baby kicking you all day, and you spend your days wondering who he or she will look like, whether they'll have blue eyes or brown, or green, blonde hair, brown, or no hair at all, as was the case with two of mine, and you have a general idea of when you will get to meet for the first time.

With adoption the waiting is different. I have seen my child! I have seen her, and I have fallen in love with her, but never had the chance to hold her. I see her picture on the magnet board, in my Bible, on the phone, on the refrigerator, on the computer, I see her every day but I can't pick her up and love on her.

I used to worry about whether I could love an adopted child as much as I love my biological children, and the answer is yes. I know, because I already do! I went in to mommy mode the moment I laid eyes on her. John went into Daddy mode the very same day. There are 4 brothers and sisters here that CANNOT wait to meet our sweet Ava.

As I prayed for her tonight, I said, "Lord I just miss her! Please let us be able to go soon and get her!" And then I realized what I had said, and I wondered, is it possible to miss somebody you have never met before? I guess it is!

1 comments:

The Spicer Family said...

Oh, it is soooo possible to miss someone you've never met. You've been dreaming of her and she's a part of you. God placed her in your family before the foundation of the world!

When we were in the process of adopting Vera we found out she was in the hospital and I was in tears, wondering how she was doing without her mommy to hold her and comfort her. I was sick until we finally found out that she was well again.

Praying that you can start those memories with your precious daughter soon!