This was so sweet it made me cry. John wanted to be the one who made our adoption announcement to my extended family members (by email). He wouldn't let me read it until after it was already sent. So here is what he wrote:
There is a new little Urban on the way...
We know the gender. Its a girl!
We've even seen pictures of her using a normal camera.
In fact, she's already on this earth waiting for her forever family to take her home. We even have a name for her.. Ava Alina Grace Urban.
She is a special person, but then again aren't we all.
She has some special needs, and again, don't we all.
She has a smile that just brightens the room.
She has a heart, that although may need a little adjusting, is ready to give every Rovenstine the biggest hug you've ever had.
Her eyes, needing a little adjusting, are some of the most beautiful eyes you've ever seen.
She's a gem. A priceless gold nugget that Jesus thinks is worth traveling half way across the globe for [James 1:27].
She's going to bring life, joy and great love to our home.
We hope you will welcome, love, accept and hug her true Rovenstine protocol. She's going to bless you, I promise.
John Urban - Simeon, Liesel, Jude, Hope and Ava's dad.
Monday, October 29, 2007
A letter from John
Posted by liesel at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a beautiful letter. He is right, she is a precious little girl with a smile that warms your heart. I can't wait to see pictures of her out of that yucky bed in that horrible drab room and in the arms of her mom & dad. Not a day has gone by in 2 months that I haven't thought of your precious litlte girl and prayed that she is safe & healthy until you can get to her to take her home.
Beautifully written letter! 'She is going to bless you, I promise.' She surely will, and I can't wait for to get to start!! Thank you for sharing the letter with your blogging family, too. :D
Jill
The letter is absolutely beautiful and oh SO TRUE! She will bring so much joy and love to your family!
God Bless!
Amy
Charissa,
This letter is wonderful! I am in the process of trying to write one to inform our extended family and friends too, maybe I should have your hubby write mine...:)
Christina
(from RR)
Post a Comment