CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A conversation between two kids

I love eavesdropping on kids' conversations.

This is one that took place in the back of the Suburban on the way home from school.

Simeon: Hope, look at my beetle pupae, they're baby beetles.
Hope: Oh. Can I hold the baby beetles?
Simeon: No, because they're for my homework. I don't want you to squish them.
Hope: Pease? I won't 'quish them. I p'omise.
Simeon: No, you can't hold them.
Hope: Fine, then, I won't be your brother anymore.

This reminded me of another backseat conversation I heard a few years back between Liesel and Simeon. They were around 3 and 5. I don't remember what they were arguing about, but I clearly remember Liesel ending it by saying, "FINE THEN, I'M NOT GONNA MARRY YOU ANYMORE!"

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it! i remember kylie saying " i'm so tired i could eat a horse"

Dolores said...

LOL! This is definitely one of my favorite parts of parenting, too!!! Hearing the cute and funny conversations of my kids while driving in the van. As they get older, it amazes me how witty they get, they're still so funny!
Dolores
Mama to 10, 3 with DS