CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Thus saith....Hope

Hope has picked up on my tricks. When I need her to do something, say brush her teeth for example, I'll say, "The dentist said that the moms have to brush the toddlers' teeth for them." When buckling her in the car and she doesn't want to sit in her seat, I blame it on the policemen. At the grocery store I blame the Walmart lady, and most everything else....Jesus. :)

So last night when I was tucking her into bed, telling her she is going to sleep ALL night in her own bed, like all the animals do, she said, "But Mom, the dentist said that Moms and Dads need to let their toddlers get in their beds."

Pretty clever! Reminded me of the time 4 yr. old Simeon opened the Bible, pointed to the page, and said, "Look Mom. The Bible says: 'Moms and Dads, let your boys play in the mud.' "

I have tried using prizes to get Hope to stay in her bed. Her favorite, lipgloss. I promised her pink lipgloss if she slept in her own bed all night. She was so excited, she said she PROMISED she would sleep in her own bed all night. About 3 am (I guess I was too out of it), John said she climbed up in bed, kissed me on the cheek, went to the kitchen and got a drink, and then came to inform me that she didn't care about the lipgloss anymore. She preferred sleeping with ME over having her very own tube of lipgloss. Imagine that. I am loved.

Oh well, I have to admit she IS pretty sweet and snuggly, and she doesn't snore, so I'm not sure why I'm complaining. Like they say, I'm sure when she's 13 we won't be having this "problem" anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what she said that she didn't need the lipgloss but she did need to sleep with you...awwwww this touched my heart! If only we all realized we don't need "stuff" but we do need our moms (well sometimes anyway!)
hugs,
Janell

Anonymous said...

The story of Hope is adoreable. When she's older she may not remember giving up the lip gloss, but she'll always remember cuddling with her mom. This will always be a sweet memory for her and for you. You bet, someday her "peers" will change her priorities and cuddling will be a thing of the past for our little toddler.

Love, Aunt Sharon