I had flashbacks of my childhood today when Liesel got off the school bus holding two ants. She had rescued them from some "bullies" who were stomping on the rest of their family members after school today. I was reminded of the roly poly's I used to save from my brothers' cruel devices. Once they loaded their dart guns with lizards and shot them into the air over the street. I was too late to save them.
In our house we don't exterminate ants, we make them into our pets. We were not sure what ants eat but Liesel thought blueberry juice would be nice.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Ants are our friends
Posted by liesel at 11:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How funny. A friend of mine on a support board loves those big hissing cock roaches and we give her a hard time, I think ants are about the only pet she doesn't have.
I will have to say, as a kid when I learned how hard they worked, I stopped stomping on their homes. But I don't like them in my house, but better than flies!! lol
Get that girl and ant farm!! lol
hehe oy that bring back memorys!
when I cut a worm in half and felt so bad about it that I got a bandaid and stuck it back together!
Hey do you know what happened to the cornish familys blog I went to find out how they got on at their heart appt but the blog has gone?
How funny! What a sweet heart she has!
Your brothers actuaslly shot lizards out of a dart gun??????? I'm so glad my oldest son doesn't read your blog...that's one he hasn't thought of yet(thank goodness!). I too remember saving roly polies. But I don't think I ever sympathized with an ant. I think that just means you're raising kids with good hearts :)
I like to read the nice things people do for insects. I think we could get a business going, a hospital for insects and put ORKIN out of business. I've always said it's the absence of SILVERFISH in our modern lives that has caused up upturn of people suffering from ALZHEIMERS.
Post a Comment