CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Try, try again


You guys are going to love this video!!! Ava is trying so hard to sit up (or not?) and it has been hilarious to watch her. I can't help but think, and I always start to tear up when I think of it, that she may well already have been on her way to Torez; thinner, weaker, sad, scared, alone. Who ever would have taken the time in her lifetime as an orphan to teach her the simplest skill of sitting up? We have been called "saints" and "heroes" more than once, even just today in fact, somebody commented on "what good people we must be" to adopt "this" child into our home.....If they could just be a fly on our walls they would realize that "this child" is not a burden at all. Sure, our lives have slowed down a bit, we have had to make some changes in our budget to afford the medical bills, we have eliminated a few of our extra activities, but if those people who pity us could be a fly on our wall and see how much fun we are having, they would see that "this child" has been nothing but a joy and a blessing to the Urban family and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe the difference in this girl from just a few weeks ago. WOW we rejoice in her improvement and the others joy at seeing her respond. Keep up the great work. Oma and Opa

Unknown said...

Yeah, some of our friends follow your story as lurkers. They enjoy it, as do we. Good job....Urbans of B.A.

June Berger said...

What a difference love makes! We have had similar exp. with people calling us "saints" etc. for adopting Jonathan and in the process of adopting Anah. They have NO idea the joy Jonathan brings to our family every second of every day. WE are the blessed ones!

WheresMyAngels said...

Aysha my 3 year old is getting such a kick out of your video's, course mamma is too. I had no idea my daughter knew how to use the mouse to move the page down either. Her older sisters are teacher her well.

Ava has got some great sisters too doesn't she!

junglemama said...

Wow! What a difference from the last video of her trying to sit up.

Me said...

Look at her! What a doll! And look how much healthier and CHUBBIER she looks! WOW...just amazing. GO AVA!

Christina said...

I really enjoy watching Ava and how far along she is coming so quickly. Your family is really working with her and loving her and you can tell that with how far she has come already!

Michelle said...

heheeeeeeeee...sitting here laughing out loud!! Charissa, what miracles you guys are working. I cant get over her. Or all of you. Tell the kids GOOD JOB!!!

Lori & Family said...

Chucnky little monkey is on the way watch out. Is that a pedisure belly I see? She looks great.

Dalene said...

I see that you have several assistants around the house to help things along! WOW, big imporvement!

Michelle said...

She is blossoming like the sweet little spring buds on the trees :o) We are so happy and proud of her!!! Go Ava, Go Ava :o)

amyl4 said...

What a cute smile Ava has!!
Caleb got excited to watch the "baby" video. He loves all of Ava's videos! He's one of your video fans!
Amy

Dave said...

See? I told you God is cool.
Gina