CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008


This is June and Bryan, our "adopted" college students. We met them two years ago when we signed up for our church's college ministry to host a college student. We got a two-for-one deal when we got a boyfriend/girlfriend couple. We have loved them since we first met them. I'll never forget, on the first night they came for dinner, we had asked each of the kids to ask them questions about their families, where they grew up, their interests, their classes, their majors, etc. One of the kids, I don't remember which (I think it was Liesel), asked, "Are you going to get married?" There was an awkward pause and I quickly changed the subject. Well now, two years later they ARE getting married....this summer. We are hoping we'll get to go (It's a long drive to Virginia with 5 kids).

Ava was absolutely mesmerized by Bryan, actually all of my kids are. It seems like every time we are with him he has kids climbing up his arms, or he is throwing somebody up over his head. It's been so neat to have them be a part of our lives, being role models for our kids. What a great couple, we are so happy we know them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember meeting Bryan. I am glad you put them on your THINGS TO DO list, even if it means a trip to Virginia. Amtrak from Kansas City/Chicago and on to Washington D.C. would be interesting. We'll miss the trip to Mexico

Shelley said...

Of course you are going to the wedding in Virginia..... Ava has to meet HER future hubby!!!

WheresMyAngels said...

I love Hope's little curled tongue pic!! too Cute.

Laughing at Ava's splits!! lol I had a lady tell me that Mercede was going to be a gymnast because of that. Little did she know, THAT is what would keep Mercede from it. That low tone that lets the legs do that. My dh got a kick out of the picture. As a teen he lived with a minister and his family, and they had adopted a child with DS, he always told me how the child could fold himself into a pretzel.

Wendy said...

I live in Virginia so what part will the wedding be in? You can always come to our crazy house!

Besides I would love to meet Ava and the rest of your bunch!

Wendy
www.saundersgang.blogspot.com