The bad news is....We had a follow-up eye dr. appointment yesterday. The glasses didn't help a bit. So she needs eye surgery for her strabismus. We decided to go ahead and get it over with, because I know I would procrastinate for years otherwise, so we scheduled it for April 11. Thankfully the surgery is quick and painless, and we should see immediate results.
The good news is.........Guess who sat up for two whole minutes yesterday?!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Good news and Bad News....
Posted by liesel at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Charissa I'm gonna have to stop reading your blog everyday it keeps making me cry! Ava is doing so great! I'm sorry about the eye surgery, but hopefully it will go well! I really do want to get together this summer, our girls are so similar!
I wish that the mothers who have babies with DS and never work with them or really love them could see this. It is such a testament to the will to DO that our kids have. Imagine that all it took for all of these incredible changes in this precious child was good food and LOVE? It is amazing how far she has come, and I am SO impressed...with all of you.
Oh Charissa, you just have to find a way to get these pics and videos back to Artemevisk. Those ladies will NEVER BELIEVE what Ava is doing in such a short time...just miraculous! Between her and Xander and Emma, you guys have a couple of incredible ambassadors of hope!----Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
Charissa,
I am offically addicted to your blog. I have to check it out everyday to see the progress that Ava has made; and to see all of your fun adventures. That video was so amazing. Praise God for the little blessings along the way. I am sorry that she has to have surgery, but we will be praying for her on April 11th.
Oh that is just to wonderful for words! And when you zoomed in and asked her about siting up and Ava got so excited with that smile on her face!! PRICELESS
I, too, am one who reads your blog daily, sometimes more than once. I REALLY look forward to "visiting " with you all regularly. I have goosebumps at seeing how much Ava has blossomed in the time she has been covered by your love. When I attempt to imagine the fate she would have faced if not for God leading you to her and her to you all, it is incomprehensible. To see this beautiful soul of this beautiful child and to anticipate even more of what is in store for Ava produces such expectation in me. I was touched by reading how her sensory development is delayed to the point that it is so unnerving to her to have her little hands touching new textures, her little feet and knees bearing weight. But she continues to flourish with all that is introduced to her, so I believe we in blogland will have tear-filled eyes one day as we watch her crawl, and another day as we watch her walk. What a beautiful life she has now and ahead of her. Thank you for being so willing to be open to share it with us.
Charissa you have one of the most soothing voices. Ava is just blossoming everyday! You are making a huge difference in her life as I know she is in yours. Isn't God great!!
This is just wonderful! You must be a proud mama!
That is soo great! Congratulations Ava!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Way to go Ava!!! I love how proud she seems of herself! And the pretty toenails are just great!
Karen S. RR
That is so wonderful! You can see she is SO proud of herself, as she should be!
That is AWESOME! She's gotten so strong so fast. And she's even doing it without stabilizing with her hands and she's re-balancing when she wobbles. Just awesome!
Yay! Is this the same child you brought home from Ukraine?! Incredible progress!
Gina
What a wonderful video!!! She's going to be scooting around & taking steps before you know it!
Crying happy tears in AZ, we are so proud of Ava here, please hug her for us.
YEA AVA!! You are blossoming before our very eyes :)
I wouldn't have know that was Ava, except for the fact that she's on your blog!!!! She's getting such a beautiful, round face and I can't believe how fast she mastered sitting without even propping and on a soft, moveable surface!! Way to go Ava!!
She's amazing, Charissa, but so is your family as you spur her on toward her full potential!! I love seeing her blossom...and I surely loved holding her and loving on her!!! She is a true miracle of God's grace. Love you guys!!! jill
OMG she is fabulous!! I love her!! She is doing so awesome Charissa! She looks great, filling out, hair growing, sitting up, babbling like crazy! OMG I want her! LOL
Post a Comment