I kept thinking Ava was feeling chunkier and heavier. It wasn't until I was giving her massage tonight that I noticed the tiny little rolls of fat here and there. Can you believe it! If my scale is correct, she has gained almost 3 pounds!! These first two pictures were taken at the orphanage a little over a month ago......


And these second two were just taken tonight. We nicknamed Ava "Pon-chick", which means "Little Fat Princess" in russian (according to our Ukraine facilitator, Viktor---however he is a big tease, so I wouldn't be surprised if it actually means something entirely different). At the rate she is gaining weight, though, maybe we need to start calling her something else now?
17 comments:
She looks so awesome. It's amazing what a little love(ok a lot of love) and more food will do!
wow ... really look ... and in such a short amount of time...
Ava needs to be a POSTER CHILD for SN's adoption
Awesome News!! See what love and some good nutrition will do?! She is really blossoming:)
Amy
That's just so awesome! And I she just looks so much healthier (and happier) too!
Now time for the broccoli, pita bread, goat cheese and Mexican chicharrones.
She has a little belly!!! Absolutely beautiful!
She looks wonderful! She has the cutest little belly now :o) There is this show on PBS called, "Clifford's Puppy Days", and in the song they sing, "Love makes little things grow..." :o) She is blossoming! We are so happy for her!
Oh, I just love to see how she's benefiting from being fed, stimulated, and loved! Praise God!
Gina
Yea Ava! Won't be long now and she'll have a little pot belly :)
I'm not sure how to say princess in Russian, but I do know that the "chick" on the end IS a term of endearment, so you're good on that part at least! I call Xander Mama's "choot-choot" which means "little bit"(like you got a little bit of something) in Russian....since I went to get a 4 year old and came home with "a little bit" :)
Hi there,
Princess in Russian is "printsessa". Ponchik is a form of pastry (fluffy and soft), and when not referred to food means someone who is chubby.
Hope it helps.
PM
She looks awesome! Wow, that is so great! She looks so healthy in that last pic!
Wonderful! She is such a little beauty!
:)
Justine
Look at that belly! WOW, doesn't she look great!
Great job!
Oh I have to add. Can you not wait to see how Meridiths daughter gains too!
I can't wait til she can post some pictures like this too!
You might just have to start calling her your little Chunky Monkey!
She looks so great!
Post a Comment