CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sensory integration-Swinging therapy



The occupational therapist gave us some exercises to do at home with Ava to help her with sensory integration. Basically what this means (in my own words) is, to take the information she receives with her senses and learn how to do something useful and productive with that information. Because of her Down Sydrome, and also because she has received little stimulation in her lifetime, this will be a big task for her. Lucky for her and for us, she loves the exercises! (Swinging being one of them)



7 comments:

amyl4 said...

Sooooo Cute! I love the way her little feet were wiggling and the way she imitates the sounds you make. She is doing great!
Amy

Stephanie said...

wow charissa, she IS trying to say WEEEEE right back to you!!! way to go Ava!!!

WheresMyAngels said...

How funny, you got a swing like that inside your house! How clever!

She is so cute!Makes me want another child.

Now I am off to convince myself, how much I DON"T need another child!! lol

Dalene said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Michelle said...

Charissa - I said the same thing that Stephanie did!!! She is saying "Weeee" back to you!!! And when you said "Ava, Ava", she looked right at you! She is coming right along!!! How neat is that, that you have the swing right in the house!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Charissa she is doing so great! She seems so well adjusted and I believe she knows her name as well! I've got to get Addy a swing for inside as well, we get so tired swinging her in a blanket! (almost all of Jarika's clothes come from Hollister so I knew exactly what the shirt said! :)

Bethany said...

Fun! Payton loves swinging too. Listen to her repeating after you!