CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 08, 2008

It's all fun and games until a rock falls on your head


The Rock

The Fort

The Bruise

While I was at breakfast early this morning with my friend Marcie I got a call from John who was wondering when I'd be home. He sounded a little stressed, so Marcie and I called it a morning and went home to our families. When I got home I realized why. Ava had a bruise on her forehead! Considering the child cannot sit, let alone crawl or walk, this is going to be difficult to explain. Turns out the boys made a fort for her under the little table in their room. Somehow the blanket was weighted down with a few rocks from their rock collection. Bad idea. Oh, ouch, it hurts to think about it. I guess there are some advantages to being isolated in a crib your whole life, you don't have to experience too many bumps and bruises. Ava is the most forgiving little thing though. Liesel said she cried for about a minute, then gave her a big smile. I wish I had been here to comfort her the first time she got a bruise. :(

7 comments:

Michelle said...

oh baby. :( I saw the fort pics on Johns blog this morning...musta been BEFORE the rock incident. The boys must feel awful, too. Kiss my girl for me, willya?

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry ava had a rock fall on her head, but i'm sure you guys can see the beauty in a very "typical kid" injury for your little girl. it's all part of being a little sister...she's so thankful for that, she smiled soon after!

~miss kate

Shelley said...

OK, the bruise is NOT funny....but the title of your blog post is. I can just hear people asking you what happened and you answering with "a rock fell on her head".....I bet you're going to explain that one A LOT!

As for the bruise, at least you'll always remember how she got her first bump on the head. And I think that makes it official....she's the baby sister!

Anonymous said...

Sorry - we had to laugh. Our kids actually built a fort today too - and guess what they held the blankets with - 5 and 10 pounds weights from a weight set! Ouch too! It'll make her tougher in the long run.

Kristi

Michelle said...

can I just add...those EYELASHES are to die for :)

junglemama said...

Aw, poor thing. What a trooper.

Michelle said...

Awwww, Ava! I'm glad she's okay...like Shelley said, your blog title is hilarious, but the rock falling on her isn't...you are so funny Charissa :o) And also, like Michelle said, those sweet little eyelashes are to die for! They just about touch the little lenses on her glasses! I was wondering, how are YOU feeling with your pregnancy?