Remember Kelly? Kelly is a missionary/humanitarian aide from the U.S. who works with orphanages in Ukraine. When people ask me how we found out about Ava, I always tell the story about the email we got from Kelly to the special needs adoption yahoo group that I am a part of. Kelly told about a little 3 1/2yr. old girl in Ukraine who needed a family so desperately before she would be moved to the mental institution. I'll never forget crying that whole day, praying and praying so fervently that the Lord would bring that little girl a family before it was too late....... Little did I know that OUR family would be the answer to that little girl's prayers, when John asked me later if I loved that little girl as much as he did.
So Kelly recently informed us that the director of Ava's orphanage has been looking at our blog regularly, and although she can't see the videos or understand the words, she is loving looking at the pictures of little Ava in a family!! So I wanted to post some of these random photos for Inna's enjoyment. Kelly should be returning home soon with her newly adopted sons, 7 yr. old Ian and 8 yr. old Erik.
Ava has no shortage of toys....and also no interest in them....A little piano that makes music and makes the monkeys sing and dance? BORING!!!!
I snapped this photo right before she fell over sideways, but she IS getting better!
The girls love to dress Ava up like a princess. She doesn't look too thrilled about it.
These girls look like they're up to no good!
7 comments:
oh they are beautiful...but that LAST one...oh my poor heart, Ava girl you break it at least once a week. Hope will be the biggest gift for her...and vice versa...what a precious picture.
Love following your blog...so awesome to watch your entire family but especially little Ava come into her own. You may have posted it somewhere, but approximately how tall and how much does Ava weigh? She is starting to fill out..keep that good food and love comin!!
Stefanie
I just love that little dimple in her right cheek!!! You can really see it in one of the birthday pics where she is drinking her bottle, and then in this latest pic where she is with your family dog...adorable :o) The pic of Ava and Hope is hilarious with their little tongues sticking out :o) Soooo adorable!!!!
Those girls look like sisters!! And, is it strange to say that I think Ava looks like John?...because she does!!
Keep up the good work!
~Miss Kate
Awww I always just come here to see Ava and the rest of you!
She is so happy at home! Isn't it amazing what love and acceptance can do for a child! Your family is such a blessing for this precious angel!
She is sooo beautiful .. I love the last pic too. What a pic to cherish!
Post a Comment