CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

So this is love?


I love the expression on Ava's face in this video. I wish I could know what she is thinking as she looks into her sister's eyes. It is almost as if she is thinking, "So this is what I've missed out on? This is what sisters do? This is love?"

12 comments:

Michelle said...

oh Charissa....she is starting to have that look that says she KNOWS she is loved, seeking comfort...wanting it. How beautiful they both are. You know, I keep wanting to tell you about this speech and language doc I have followed all of Ciarra's life. He teaches that the best way to communicate is to respond in kind...if Ava makes a certain noise, make it back to her, wait for a reaction, if she makes it again you do too, then add one more small noise. The key is respecting her for where she is and not demanding words. Always leaving time for her to respond in whatever way she can. I think the kids are the perfect therapy partners there, if you teach them the tricks. Kids are so much less inhibited (Liesel growling like Ava reminded me of this) they will elicit things a grownup might not. Even if it isnt a "real sound", but a click or a hum, imitate it. she will know she is being heard. Ok, got that out...lol.
I love seeing videos and must admit, going days between them or not seeing posts about her is kinda a bummer...no pressure though. Teehee. (((hugs)))

amyl4 said...

I just love it when she smiles and then snuggles with her big sister!
Amy

junglemama said...

They are both so sweet.

Anonymous said...

This video brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift God has given all of you.

Michelle said...

Charissa - That is the sweetest video :o) Now, my only question is, "What should we get her?". At the end of the video, Liesel says, "We should get her....", and we were like, "What should we get her, what should we get her???!!!". You sure have great kiddos :o)

Michelle

Stephanie said...

"we should get......." WHAT WHAT??? what a great big sister!!!!

kristynewb said...

That is the sweetest video! What a loving big sister. Ava is looking so great!

Kristy

Dalene said...

I'm with you...the most amazing thing is the look in her eyes...she had it in the video with Johnny. I've got to get up there and squeeze her again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

dont click that above link folks.

Bethany said...

I've got tears welling. That is so precious! You have got a gem on your hands! Just thinking about the fact she could be laying in a crib for the rest of her life breaks my heart ... now look at her!!

Kendra said...

Charissa,
I have been reading your blog for a while - I found it so randomly! But, I have been totally in love with your family ever since! It is so precious to see not only the look on Ava's face but also the love that Liesel has for her. She is truly loving Ava like Christ commanded us to. Congrats on your beautiful family. You all are in my prayers!