This was so fun!! A perfect example of my earlier post, that sometimes the cheaper things are far more fun! There are dinosaur tracks in this state park. The problem was, the tracks were across the creek, and because of the recent Texas flooding we were in for a little surprise....
We had to cross on these rocks to the other side of the creek to see the tracks. I wasn't too happy about it at first, but we drove an hour to see them so by golly, we were going to see them. I'm glad we did, because crossing the creek made for a really fun memory!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Dinosaur Valley State Park-Glen Rose, TX
Posted by liesel at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, you might be (the only person in the world other than me)interested to know that the dictionary.com word of the day is "plethora." Ha ha... So-in the spirit of that--I'll say, "It looks like you had a plethora of fun." I'm actually impressed by those dinosaur prints. I think that would totally be worth the trip right there.
How cool! My three younger sons would eat that park up!
Oma says you guys really know how to have fun1 So glad you are up to doing the unusual,and going the second mile to give your kids some special memories. Some day they will look back, recall these days, and do the same for their kids. Keep the pictures coming.
Ok, so the biologist in me has to know - were these real "fossilized" dinosaur footprints or man-made to look and be the same shape as dinosaur footprints?
Either way I would have definitely crossed the creek too and my boys would have absolutely loved seeing them! That is so much fun!
Karen S.RR
This has made me really want to go on vacation. Looks like so much fun.
Gina
Post a Comment