CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 06, 2008

So this is what brothers do?


I'm sure this is not quite what Rachel, our occupational therapist, had in mind when she recommended swinging therapy, but Ava is loving swinging therapy nonetheless! And some other things that Ava loves:
-riding in the car
-wearing her glasses (seriously....I guess she can see now)
-snuggling on the couch
-rolling over (she learned to roll over at Physical therapy yesterday, and has done it many more times today..she is so proud of herself!)
-music
-throwing the spoon down from the high chair and watching everybody scramble to retrieve it for her
-the wind blowing on her face
-having brothers and sisters
-hearing her daddy's voice
-me singing to her
-Pediasure
-head massages
-her Aunt Marlita

14 comments:

Christina said...

She looks SO happy! I can't believe that just a little while ago she was in the Ukraine with a bleak future. God bless you and your family. Hope you are feeling well with the pregnancy.

Michelle said...

I would pay a million dollars to hear that laugh a few weeks ago. Oh how can I POSSIBLY be any more in love with a little kid I have never met? Squeeze her for me.

Terra said...

I love hearing her precious laugh and I am sure you do to. I look forward every morning to reading your blog and seeing the new things Ava is doing and seeing all her brothers and sisters loving on her.

Shelley said...

I just love her laugh! And that swinging therapy looks like fun! Xander loves to swing too, but he does it at therapy. I'm impressed you have one in your house!

Dave said...

Wow! The blessings we take for granted! Ava is great at reminding us of how wonderful simple things are.
Gina

Zack, Jenn and William said...

What a precious little girl and what a contagious laugh - glad things are going well and that Ava is enjoying life :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you both for coming to community group on Tuesday evening. Tim and I were both so moved by your story and how God worked through you to bring home Ava and be apart of your family. God bless you. I can't wait until we can begin our adoption. Hopefully soon.

Anonymous said...

I just love her little laugh. This little girl has grown so much in the short time you have had her. God knew where she needed to be and placed her with you. I love seeing Ava grow. Never stop posting about her and the rest of your family. We all love it. I am sure I speak for everyone we cant wait for you new arrival either. Thank you so much for making us part of your lives. You have affected so many of us, some who do not even know you.
Thank you,
Cheryl

Tim Rovenstine said...

I think I will go shopping this a.m, here in Leon, Mexico looking for some cowboy boots for this girl. She will be walking soon. You need to have the URBANS adopt a Western Drysdale Look for your next Christmas Card!

Janell & Kenny said...

Rolling over, can see, laughing, the kids being a part of therapy! Praise God for all of this and more. I agree w/ whoever typed it's making us realize how wonderful the simple things are in life! We had a blast hiking! You are doing an awesome job raising awesome kids! kudos! love ya! p.s where were you when i was raising my kids???? just kidding...sorta...i was too serious is all i will say. but hey...there's always grandkids!

junglemama said...

I love to hear her laugh!

WheresMyAngels said...

How cute is that laugh! I was mad cause earlier the video wasn't showing up for me, been waiting all evening to see it!! lol Well worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

ditto to everyone...i love her laugh!! see you guys in april!

~miss kate

Anonymous said...

That is EXACTLY what Rachel means by swing therapy! Her anticipation, holding onto the swing, increased neuroarousal level (fancy words for havinga blast!!). Perfect "therapy" :)
Rachel