Well she did great! No tonsils, no adenoids, and now she has some handy dandy ear tubes to help drain the accumulation of fluid behind her ear drums. She'll be able to hear so much better now! One cute story....When Ava was first being admitted and the nurse was trying to get her vital signs....She asked John to hold her arm steady so she could get a blood pressure. The nurse said something like, "We don't want her to wiggle". The minute Ava heard "wiggle", she grinned real big and showed off her latest wiggle dance! Of course the nurse did not appreciate the wiggle dance even a FRACTION of how we appreciated it!
I couldn't resist taking this photo. It looks like Ava is thinking, "It's going to be OK Papa, don't worry about me.....I'll be just fine."


I'm not sure if the kids were more excited to see Ava or the helicopter landing pad outside her hospital window. Hmmm......
John stayed the night with her (He was pretty excited that he got to watch basketball too) and I came home to put the rest of the crew to bed. When I laid with Hope tonight she said, "Mommy, I'm so so so so so so so sad." I asked why she was said, and she said, "Because Ava isn't here with me."
7 comments:
Charissa,
Ava is so pretty, what a dainty little girl. Thank you for sharing so much of her life with us. I can just imagine her wiggling around when the nurse said "wiggle".:) Those moments make us smile from ear to ear and you will have many more of those precious celebrations with Ava as she continues to grow and learn! I am happy to hear she is feeling well!
Amy
Glad she is doing well after surgery! The wiggle thing is too funny and cute!
And loved loved the sitting video!
That is HILARIOUS about the wiggle! She looks so wonderful after surgery. Kaia looked SOOOOOO rough when she woke up. I guess it didn't help that she was screaming and thrashing around like crazy. And with Ava's new ear tubes, she's going to be a babbling machine!!
Even something like surgery can be made into a family event. That is what I love about your family. I love the photo of all of them looking out the window.
I am glad that she is doing so well. At least you can say that she really knows her "wiggle".
Victoria had tubes in a few times...it was hard to let them take her away. I am so glad all went well with Ava!
I am so happy she got through her surgery so well.
Post a Comment