CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Communication in Ancient Times

While running some errands today, the kids were making insignificant phone calls to friends and to Daddy. I took the opportunity to educate them (being the homeschooling mom I am) about the fact that cell phones were not always around. In fact, I told them, I never even had a cell phone until after I graduated from college. "So what do you think we did when I was a little girl when we were away from home and needed to call someone?", I asked. (I was hoping for the opportunity to teach the concept of planning ahead or using a phone booth in an emergency).

Liesel: "The Pony Express?"
Jude: "2 tin cans and a string?"

Boy do I feel old!

7 comments:

kirsten said...

Oh, that was good....thanks for the good chuckle. I love the "pony express"....I think her mind is on horses in that new barn:)

Jester 6 said...

Hey, at least they don't think you went to school in a horse and buggy.

At a MUCH younger age my now 36 year old sister actually asked my mom if this is how she went to school.

WheresMyAngels said...

Lisels answer was priceless! You know I am from St Joseph MO where the Pony Express started.lol

Bethany said...

LOL that is hysterical. Two tin cans!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Thanks for sharing.

Arizona mom to eight said...

It is good that they know about these two moses of communication, so see, you are doing a really good job! tee hee

mom2four said...

Awww, that's hilarious!! I agree with azmomto8....at least they knew of these to forms of communication! LOL