CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Do-it-yourself breakfast

I told my kids this summer that they can start being responsible for making their own breakfasts. I am getting tired of cooking! The 3 older ones know how to make scrambled eggs, oatmeal or toast. And even the youngest can pour her own breakfast cereal. I'm done making breakfast!

So check out this morning's breakfast.....Leftover sloppy joes. Iiiiiiiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkkk.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Kids after my own heart!! I LOVE leftover pizza, spaghetti, chinese food...etc for breakfast. My fiance told me that when we finally adopt our kids, they have the follow the food rules...one of which is only breakfast food for breakfast. :(

Anonymous said...

But atleast you didn't have to fix it for them, right?

So I think you win the award for keeping us all in suspense as to when/where you are moving. Your killing me.

kirsten said...

I'm with you! I stopped making breakfast about a year a go....except when we have breakfast for dinner:)
It's so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I totally get that! I actually don't like breakfast foods very much...they are either boring or sweet. I'm a salty person, so I love to eat leftovers for breakfast, like goat-cheese and prosciutto risotto or homemade butternut squash ravioli. Can you tell that I'm a foodie? When there are no leftovers, I'll do something simple like anchovies on a buttered crumpet. What? I LOVE anchovies :-P
P.S. I've been fixing my own breakfasts since the age of 5 or so, and I started packing school lunches by myself for my sister and I around age 8. I was a weird kid.