CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

One of those days...

It's been one of those days. My cell phone got left out in the front yard all night....and it rained. Good bye cell phone. Ava bit Simeon on the cheek and left a bruise. I caught Ava as she was getting ready to bite into the fan cord, a neighbor kid fed her a wheat thin cracker that I had to retrieve from the back of her throat. Six days into homeschooling and I'm wondering "What in the heck was I thinking??!!". I spent the afternoon dragging 5 kids around returning items to stores and looking for coaching supplies for my dear husband who volunteered to coach 6-7 year old boys. Again....what were we thinking? We didn't have enough going on between 5 kids, a move, 2 jobs and homeschooling? 


Got home, Jude pumped up his own soccer ball. Broke the ball and the air pump in the process. While I was trying to fix the air pump, Simeon ran in the house crying. He accidentally shot his arrow through the neighbor's window. He asked me to go with him to make his confession, and I did. (Thankfully he eagerly offered his allowance money to fix it, he felt so bad about it!) Finally made it to the first soccer practice. Hope had a temper tantrum in the middle of practice because it's not fair that she can't play soccer!!! I'm sure we made a great impression on our new teammates and their families. Sigh. I'm going to bed. Anyone know how to repair a waterlogged cell phone?

17 comments:

Shea said...

Good luck with the phone. I had the beeper a few weeks back and had to confess to my boss that I killed it with ice tea. Tomorrow will be better! Hang in there and I hope you get a good night's rest.

Anonymous said...

This past week when I was doing my whole "rush" thing. A girl asked me who inspired me and who I looked up to. And the first person that came to my head was you ! You are such an amazing mom, and you have changed more lives than you probably know. I'm so blessed to be able to call you my aunt ! And thanks, for being my biggest inspiration ! I love you !
-Heather !

Beth said...

Sorry you're having one of those awful days. That school bus looks so inviting sometimes...

We haven't even started schooling this year, so you're way ahead of us!

Don't lose hope for the phone--we had one go through the washer once and after a few days drying time it worked again! Make sure to remove the battery and open up every hinge and flap.

Hope it is resurrected! And hope you've been able to avoid the ice cream (your story helped me to stay away from the peach cobbler last night!).

Shelley said...

Waterlogged cell phone: I saw this on another mom's blog and she tried it and it worked! Take the cell phone apart....seperate the battery and all the parts. Put all the pieces into a bowl of dried rice. I think it stays for like 4 or 5 days and the rice absorbes the water. I thought it sounded crazy, but it worked! It's worth a shot if you really want to keep your phone.
As for the rest of your day.....I occassionally have those days too. Hang in there. You have a lot going on right now....moving is such a stressor! But, you'll soon be in your new big house(with 10 acres, so no neighbor's windows to break) and life will settle down.

Amanda said...

Try a food dehydrator for your cell phone I have heard that works very good!

AiriK said...

put it in a food dehydrator!!! take it all apart and air dry until then... :)

Anonymous said...

This worked for me and for my sister-in-law - take the battery out,put the phone pieces in a plastic bag, place in freezer for a few days.
sharon

June Berger said...

Sorry it's one of those days. :o(

mom2four said...

oh, I think we all have those days, but know you are a wonderful mom and God has given you all that you need to make it through these joyous times!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the cell phone tips, never heard of any myself, so if it happens to me, I will know what to do. As for the hectic day. Been there, done that ALOT!!!!!

Moving, plus trying to live your lives' is chaos. Again, Been there, done that!!!!! It will soon calm down once you get settled. You will also find your groove. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You are an inspiration to me in so many ways, and I love that you are so transparent to let us have a peek even into your bad days. Don't worry about the homeschooling--life is school.

:)
Justine

Robin said...

sheesh, I guess "this too shall pass" is of no consolation on these days!

hang in there my friend.

I'm definetely bookmarking this page in case I ever drop my cell phone in the ...well, get it wet!

Anonymous said...

Take your cell phone and try putting it in the blender. Try going real slow at the beginning, take it out and then place it in the oven for 20 minutes at about 375 degrees. Add salt, some lemon. Should be fine. I'm sure if you try putting a bit of peanut butter over the mouth piece for the 1st attempt to call, will help the ionization and mulsifying agents in the clutch. If it doesn't work with peanut butter, try using liquid bowl cleaner, that's what we do in Mexico.

Kelsey said...

I dropped my Motorola Razr into a glass of water and I thought it was a goner, than my friend told me this really great trick.
Take out the battery from the back of the phone than wrap the phone in paper towels, but just a thin layer. Place phone in freezer for a few hours, than take phone out of freezer, blow it dry with a hair dryer and reapply battery.
It should work!!

jennifer... said...

Ok, I was feeling your anxiety reading through your day's mishaps, laughing along with an elevated blood pressure.  Your niece and your Dad's comments, though, made it all better for me.  How about you?

The Gross Family said...

Don't worry Charissa, we are ALL having those days!

Dolores said...

Sure wish I'd known all these tips about saving a cell phone when mine went through the washing machine a while back! Not only did it go through once, but twice because the load got left in too long and needed a second run-through. :o( Somebody took it all apart to look at it and then the parts were lost.