Through a combination of Christine's challenge to "keep it real" through blogging, and a dare from Amy to reveal the contents of our cars, I decided to post this confession and story.
Confession: My Suburban stays pretty much in a constant state of disaster. Occasionally, yes, the kids and I will make an event of cleaning it out, vacuuming, using windex on the windows, but usually by the next day it is trashed again. So I pretty much just don't look in the back seat until there is an odor.
Story: A few months ago, John got home from work, then disappeared for a little bit. When he came back in, he announced that he had something that he wanted us all to see, then led us towards the kitchen.
I was sure he had found a turtle on his way home from work, or maybe there was a really neat story on the news that he wanted to show us on the computer, I wasn't sure. But he told us all to cover our eyes until he revealed the big surprise.
When we all opened our eyes, this is what we saw on the kitchen island.....
He had unloaded the contents of the car and put them on display for us. I think he was mad, but I laughed so hard, pretty soon he was laughing too. For some reason the kids didn't "get" the joke. How is that for keeping it real?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
A challenge and a dare
Posted by liesel at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
How cute! Thanks for posting.
I feel so honored. I didn't know you look at my blog!?! :) I'm not good about keeping it updated as much as I'd like. I look at yours almost every day! I'm glad to know others have messy cars. We truly live out of ours. And I love the picture!!
That is so something my husband would have done, only I would have known he was mad...with just cause. Normally it's my 21 and 19 year old who's car he's cleaning out!!!(I don't use mine much). It's so great to see that we're not the only ones with messy cars!!
Thanks for sharing!
I have to admit that would be our van too.
Kayla
HAHA! That looks like stuff that would come from my car!!! At least I'm not alone! : )
I have to say that I don't know one mom that totes her family around on a regular basis that has a neat and tidy car. I try to clean it out from time to time and I have even kept a trash bag to collect all of the trash, it works for awhile, but then the trash gets taken out and I forget to replace it and then the mess ensues. Thanks for keeping it real.
I was wondering where my baby doll with the broken arm was!
Hilarious. I never figured out how having a clean house or clean car would make me any happier or closer to God. And having a dirty car means you have instant punishment availability. I'm glad you laughed at Jon for that one.
If I didn't know better I'd think you taken that out of my yukon.... ;)
This whole subject is vicariously entertaining to me. Can you imagine why?
that is soooo hilarious.
that could totally have been my car, with different stuff of course. Bruce just throws my stuff away though.
Are those my binoculars?
That is hysterical. My husband calls my Yukon a dumpster on wheels. I can't believe your husband did that, too funny!
Post a Comment