CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I had to laugh at the number of responses I got on that last blog post. Amazing how the blog lurkers will come out of the woodwork when you threaten to shut your blog down!! Actually I never intended to stop blogging. I love blogging! Someone asked what my true motives were for shutting down this blog. It's not that my husband was mad at me for spending so much time blogging and not cooking or cleaning (or packing or homeschooling). I wasn't trying to pull a publicity stunt to see how many comments I could get, (although I see that might work for those seeking to increase their comments-HA), I wasn't having a pity party.

We talk about being real in blogs. Here is me being real.

I have been trying to find a balance between being myself, sharing my heart, my family and my testimony.....and being safe, wise and protective. I am not a paranoid person. I probably should worry more, to be honest. Sometimes I wonder if I share too much. I have heard of people making their blogs private, blurring out faces, using code names for their family members. I have never had a desire to do any of those things. So in an effort to give the blog a little more secure feeling, I thought I would either go private, or switch blogs, delete the old one, and send out "invites" by email so I would at least have a name an email of who was following along. Make sense?

SO...when I got so many responses to my last post, the first thought I had was....OH MY GOSH, all those people know how much I weigh?! And my second thought was...AND they saw the contents of my car??

I have to tell you that your comments and emails I received were so touching! I was moved to realize some of the blog connections that I had never seen before, such as people meeting other people through this blog, several people had "met" us through the wonderful family we met in the Chicago airport, and are still following 7 months later! I was thrilled to hear from the librarian who has ordered books on international adoption after seeing the need, and that she has referred several adoptive families here as well. There was a nanny who reads it with the kids she cares for, and of course friends, family members and Reece's Rainbow families, lurkers who came out of nowhere. :) By the way, I love hearing from lurkers!

But it was this comment from Kristina, who said she has never commented before, that got me quite choked up and made me decide not to go private: "Lives and destinies have been changed or born because of Ava and your story, and I thank you for the chance to continue being a "silent observer" into the miracle that is Ava Urban."

If indeed lives and destinies are being changed through Ava's testimony, why would I stop that based on someone else's fear? We ask the Lord for opportunities to be His witness and His hands and feet. I look for those opportunities at the grocery store, at the soccer field, in the neighborhood, through the kids' friends. I hadn't thought that these opportunities happen in blogs too.

So thank you all for reminding me of this. I am not depressed, fishing for compliments, or over stressed. I haven't run out of time or stories (although my blog posts may become few and far between as we are getting settled in and homeschooling). I know the Lord is my protector and the protector of my family. I put my trust in Him.

We close on the house tomorrow, move on Thursday/Friday, get settled in over Labor Day weekend. The house is an absolute wreck right now, with cardboard boxes and dustbunnies everywhere (Have I mentioned how much I dislike cardboard? Particularly writing on cardboard with a sharpie marker...makes my skin crawl). My poor kids have no toys so they have been using my curtain rods for sword fights and wearing lampshades on their heads to play dress up. (Too bad I can't find the camera for all the tools on the countertops). I'm sure excited to be on 10 acres where kids can run and play outside and I don't have to worry about arrows going through windows or soccer balls breaking neighbor's fences. I'll be posting pictures soon!

15 comments:

kirsten said...

Charissa your life is a Witness. When I think of you and John, and your precious family, I am reminded of some words once spoken upon you..."danger free" remember? I know that doesn't necessarily mean free from broken windows and soccer balls through fences but God "has your back" as they say! Miss you! You're an amazing mom!

Dalene said...

;o)

Tim Rovenstine said...

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Whew...now let's get that move over so we can get on to the next chapter. Standing by.

Anonymous said...

We all want to see Ava grow up, so keep blogging. I'm hooked. Glad to hear from you. Aunt Beth

Janell & Kenny said...

You are much loved Charissa. An inspiration to moms of all ages in all stages and every where around the world! ~hugs~

Unknown said...

I just found your blog today, and loved what you had to say here. I think we learn so much from eachother through these lil' ol' blogs. I know that I have "met" some wonderful people just by jumping from one of my friends blogs to another. I've also learned so much about many different issues, disabilities, journeys and just life in general to make one feel blessed no matter how tough things seem sometimes. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Michelle said...

Oh Charissa, I am so happy that you aren't closing down your family blog! Your blog is in my favorite places list, and I visit it every day! You and your family have inspired so many people in so many ways, and your blog is a treasure!

Love,
Michelle (RR)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

WheresMyAngels said...

You know I have to have my Ava fix!!

Delahne said...

Charissa, I'm so glad you are still here! I didn't get to comment yesterday, but you KNOW I'd really miss reading about you, although now I could come over to visit! We want to come help you move, so let me know what we can do to help.

Shea said...

I am so glad that you are keeping your blog. You blog was one the reasons, I decided to take on international adoption, yours and meredith's.

Anonymous said...

You little trickster !!!! haha !
-Heather

Bethany said...

So does this mean you are keeping this blog or starting a new one? Well, you know if there is a new blog, I want to be invited. LOL

boz_woman {at} yahoo {dot} com

Anonymous said...

Im a lurker too.
I have to say that once I saw your blog, but found it again a month ago - maybe - and since i wanted to know everything, i went back to when you decided on adopting Ava.. lol, it took me some hours, and many laughs and tears to read your story, and im here now, enjoying your stories and mainly the presence of God in your life

Your family is a big blessing to me, an inspiration

keep blogging, keep sharing, and keep blessing us.

hugs from Mexico
Ali Llanas, mom to Elias

Power Up Love said...

Wonderful looking family! I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives. Blessings!