This is not a lie. My kids were all up at 6 a.m. this morning sitting at the kitchen table doing schoolwork that they were never asked to do. When they realized that everyone else was starting on Wednesday, they begged me to start homeschooling too. (Well, two of them begged anyway, I'll let you try to guess which one didn't). The problem is, I have packed most of our homeschooling books and supplies in boxes on the POD with the intent that we wouldn't start until after we had successfully moved and settled in to our new house. But how can a mother resist her children begging to do school work? So we started yesterday, and did....OK.....considering my lack of preparation, books and supplies.
Ava found this glue stick and pencil on the floor. She is ready for school too!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Posted by The Urbans at 2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like everyone is finding their niche.
You know it's so funny cause my girls have been asking me for more and more work too! We started off a little light in the beginning to get them used to me being their teacher and having to do work. Next week I will be adding in Geography, Bible, Science, Art, and Music. I have a feeling they won't be begging much LOL
aaahhhh the beginning of school. this is why, as a teacher, i give LOTS of assignments at the beginning of the year, because everyone is so willing! later, when i switch to normal mode, they'll think i'm being nice....
Wow, 6am!! My kids aren't as enthused this year. We aren't "really" starting till next week although we've been doing some stuff off and on all summer ;) Next week they start PE and Co-op so I figured we'd start the rest of our work too.
Wow, you are going back to homeschool and I put all three of mine in school. For the first time. It has been abit rough. Alot to adjust to. But the right decision. For this year. Congrats on the move, I will come see when we come to Tulsa next. Ava WILL walk, mark my words, she is doing great!!!Have a good homeschool year!
Lisa Adams
Where Ava's braces a special thing you got through the orthopedic doc or is it something you got at a medical supply? please let me know.
junebuga@hotmail.com
Reece had supports when he was learning to walk too. He still wears sole inserts, so we have always had to shop with either New Balance or at the Stride Rite Outlet. Extra wides, baby :))
What a great last picture of Ava smiling. Hope you guys had a good day with the homeschooling!
Post a Comment