CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Pretty girl

I was surprised when Ava grabbed the brush out of my hand yesterday....and started to spontaneously brush her own hair!!!


And look what she did when her brother leaned down to have his hair brushed too. She's had several of these "lightbulb moments" recently, it is so fun to see that things are making sense to her. She is understanding so much of what we say and responding appropriately.


By the way, I talked to my hairdresser friends about the pigtails. They both thought pigtails would be fine as long as I didn't use the tight rubber bands that pull the hair....in case anyone is wondering why she is still in pigtails!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see the continued improvements with Ava.

But you have to let us know where you are moving to.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! She's making such great strides with the love and guidance you all are providing.
Catherine Hendrickson
p.s. If you're moving to Minnesota, I'd be so glad!

kirsten said...

Wow...so much has happened in your family lately. Where are you moving to? Ava is doing so great. Really growing up. I miss you!

Kelsey said...

Her pig tails are adorable!
What a smart little girl she is.

Terra said...

I did name Vindi. Her dad's name was Al"vin" and her mom's name is Jo"di". So Vindi it was. They had a contest for Tulsa Zoo Members and narrowed it to the top 5 and then America got to vote online and I won. It was in the newspaper and on the news, but never mentioned me. That's okay though...I won a behind the scenes tour of the penguin exhibit...don't ask me why the penguins, but whatever, and another year added to my membership for free. That is really what I wanted! :) I never win anything, so it was fun!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Ava is surely stylin', with her perky pigtails...and her new interest in hairdressing!

BTW, what does she do when she sees her reflection in a handmirror?

I'm envisioning Ava's Beauty Salon getting underway shortly, at this rate! :-)

Susan in Ky

Michelle said...

Awww, Ava, you are soooo pretty! Charissa, when/where are you all moving? Congratulations :o)

Dalene said...

What a cutie-patootie.

Anonymous said...

Truly amazing to see what love can do...Love makes the world grow!

Christina said...

SHe is so cute Charissa..I agree you need to tell us where your going! LOL You just can leave your faithful followers hanging like this hahahahahaha

junglemama said...

How precious. Dennis is having more and more of those same kind of moments. :)