CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

My heart melted

Remember when your kid first said, "mama", that rush of maternal love and emotions that floods through you? Well I experienced that with Ava this morning as I approached her crib this morning as she first woke up. Normally she just greets me with a grin (and a poopy diaper). This morning she greeted me by signing "mama", thumb to her chin (plus the grin and the poopy diaper). Oh, how I love that sweet girl!

5 comments:

Jeremy and Melanie said...

Doesn't it seem like ages ago when the judged asked you in Ukraine if she recognized you as mama?!! I'm always amazed at how much progress she has made in such a short time!

Christina said...

So sweet Charissa! I 'invited' you to a 'dinner party' on my blog :) I hope you will join in!

Michelle said...

Awwww :o) That is awesome! She'll be saying it before you know it!!!! That is so neat that she did that!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. That is amazing. I can't wait to hear about what 1st she does next.

orphans4me said...

Charissa!! this is fantastic!! Yay, Ava
Joy, Caleb's mommy