CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Memories

Boy, you don't realize how much stuff you accumulate until you have to pack it all in boxes and cram it all into a POD in the driveway. I found this little hand sculpture today, hidden in the back of the china hutch. I don't consider myself all that sentimental, but apparently I was sentimental enough not to throw away this broken sculpture of little Simeon's 2 yr. old hand.
I distinctly remember the day, so many years ago, weeks after we had had this mold made, little Simeon came running in from the back yard, screaming bloody murder, "My fingers are broken, my fingers are broken!!!"

Panicking, I ran to him, only to find him, holding his little hand mold, all covered in mud. He had been digging with his little plaster of paris "fingers", and they had broken off in the mud, and he was devastated. Ah, memories.

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense about our move. We are staying here in good ol' Oklahoma. We'll only be about 20 minutes from where we are now. We have made an offer, the sale is pending, but I hesitated to get TOO excited before inspections are done and everything is official. We are very excited though, and I can't wait to tell you about the house. God has been so good to us.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Well congrats on your move and I pray everything goes smoothly. Totally was praying that you could possibly be moving here...NO ONE moves here! LOL

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo glad to hear that you are staying. Hope everything goes well with the inspection and other procedures. Hope your house sells much quicker than ours. Still no offers. Can't wait to hear about the house and learn about it's location. It is so hard to pack up all of our belongings. For one, we realize that we officially have too much stuff. And two, we relive the memories that the stuff holds for us. Good luck packing.

Terra said...

I am so relieved to hear you aren't moving far. I haven't' seen Marlita since she has been out of town so I hadn't gotten to ask. You are so sweet to offer the bouncy. If you aren't going to be using it anymore, I'd love to use it. I can pay you for it, just let me know! I've misplaced your email, so email me at terraek@yahoo.com.

Jeremy and Melanie said...

Glad to hear you are sticking around. Can't wait to hear about the new house. Hope you're able to sell the house soon, but if it takes a while, we may be looking for something for when we move back.

Janell & Kenny said...

thats a funny story! rotflol!