CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

New shoes and my personal hair dresser

Well thanks everyone for all the great advice on the shoes. I did go to Trippets (Thanks Christina), a shoe store for kids, figuring that any of the options listed should be available there. The sales lady was shocked that I have 5 kids and have never stepped foot in there before. What can I say? I'm cheap! So here is the final selection....Extra Wide New Balances, with the soles removed. Size 6.
I also wanted to be sure to post a photo of Ava standing in them, or at least attempting to stand. These things really make a big difference. 10 year old Simeon was assigned to snap the photo, Hope was assigned to get her to smile for the picture, and my job was to steady her in a standing position.
As you can see however, Hope assumed the role of my personal hairdresser, while I was trying to maneuver a squirmy toddler who really did not feel like standing for the silly picture, let alone smile and wave. Oh well. You'll get the idea what a big girl she looks like STANDING, even if she'll need quite a bit of support for now. At least her feet are straight.





And for your viewing pleasure, I included a photo of my latest hair-do. Hope said, "Mommy, you look BEEEAUTIFUL!" And I am wearing a pipe cleaner bracelet for an added touch.

9 comments:

Dalene said...

I LOVE the pic of Ava standing!!!! What a doll-baby!

Hope may have a career as a famous hairdresser in her future.

amyl4 said...

Ava is just too cute! I love the pig tails.:)
Amy

Susan said...

Look at Ava, just about ready to go steppin' out! A whole new world is about to be discovered by Miss Ava...and her family, too. Congratulations - you now have a toddler!

Susan in Ky

Anonymous said...

Aw ! She is getting so big !
Heather

Leah Spring said...

Ok, I need to start reading your blog from the top down. LOL Disregard my comment on your previous post. Also, you emailed me a week or so ago about hearing aids. I tried to reply but it bounced back to me. Feel free to email me directly at deanleah@comcast.net. Or, if you go to my blog and under tags find "hearing loss" or "hearing aids" you'll find all my posts related to them. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

So glad that Trippets worked out for you. I discovered it last fall when we first moved here. It was probably one of the first times that shoe shopping didn't end in tears from my daughter. She has a very narrow foot and it is very difficult to find them at a regular shoe store. Ava looks so cute with her new shoes. So big!!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness! LOOK AT THOSE CHUNKY THIGHS AVA HAS!!! I had to blow the pic up and show it to Mike-- He couldn't believe that was the same little spindly thing we held in Ukraine! SHE LOOKS GREAT!!!! And I know you post all kinds of pictures, but these are the first it's really noticable that she's so healthy and has meat on her bones! YAY AVA!! and Mommy too!! Ok, and the shoes are adorable as well :) Can't wait to see her running one day... what a little Miracle she is!

Christina said...

She's so amazing! I just love seeing pictures of her. BTW, I totally wish one of my girls was into playing with my hair. No such luck :(

Rhonda said...

Ava looks so beautiful and healthy! Great job mommy!!!