CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My favorite sign

I was going to wait to blog about this until I have a video. But I cannot contain my excitement any longer. Ava learned a new sign tonight and it is my favorite sign of all.......

"Baby".

Oh, you should see her sign 'baby'. We were at the grocery store, and she usually acts really interested in the babies. So when I saw a baby tonight I took her over to admire it. I said "baby" and showed her the sign...And before I knew it, she was signing 'baby' too. The whole way home she kept signing 'baby', and kicking her legs in excitement. I confess I tipped the rear view mirror down while I drove and watched her, and I cried. I remembered that she was supposed to have her own baby to hold sometime around October 15. And I grieved for her loss and for my loss.

If anyone local wants to loan us their baby for awhile, Ava and I would be happy to babysit!

I hope to post a video soon of her saying 'baby'. Remember, she doesn't like to perform for the camera, but maybe I can talk her into it somehow for your viewing pleasure.

16 comments:

orphans4me said...

I remember, too, Charissa about your baby :( Miscarriage is SO hard. But I'm so excited about Ava's continual growth and learning! So neat!
Joy,RR

Delahne said...

Big hug for you. I pray you extra aware today of God's great love for you.

Anonymous said...

How precious the little gifts that our children give even without trying. May God show his mercy to you and your family over this weekend with your move/chaos.

jennifer... said...

Interesting that you shared this.  I just thought of you and how 'Baby John' would be due about now and wondered how you were doing.  Ava's welcome to visit us - we have 2 babies hanging around here a lot lately!

Susan said...

What a bittersweet, poignant moment that must have been...but perhaps somehow this is little John's spirit blessing you and your family, especially Ava.

I remember how interested Ava was in a baby doll several months ago - how neat that she can now communicate about what grabs her attention! How about a baby doll of her own that can be bathed, cuddled, rocked, "fed" from a bottle, etc.? I bet she'd love it!

Best wishes to you all,
Susan in Ky

June Berger said...

Praying for your mother's grieving heart. Rejoicing with your mother's proud heart. Hugs all around.

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys at therapy. I am dying to see Ava showing off her new sign to all the babies she sees here. Can't wait to have you settled in your new place so you can come see us again. Rachel

Bethany said...

I love that sign too, that is Payton's newest sign too. I want to see the video, so I hope she will perform! LOL

Janell & Kenny said...

Did you hear that Sarah Palin the running mate for vice president w/ mccain has a ds child? Bill Riley on Fox Talk Show said every baby including ds children have a purpose!!!! WOW! God is so good that we live in these days and times! Praise Him!

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh Charissa, big hugs.

Shea said...

She is soooo smart, isn't she?

The Gross Family said...

That is so sweet Charissa. She is learning so well. My miscarriage date is coming up this month. So very sad. I completely understand what you shared. I read that your moving into your beautiful home. That home is going to look absolutely beautiful during Christmas! I hope you have enough decorations and lights!
Melissa

Unknown said...

Hey there! I have not spent much time on the computer (obviously) this summer...I am trying to piece together what has been going on with you guys! Looks like LOTS! Anyway, very exciting that the homeschooling and moving and Ava and all the kids are doing so well! I'd love to hear more about the house and homeschool! Maybe I'll really convert my blog to a family blog soon. It won't be as exciting as yours, but a way to keep in touch. I have posted a few pics on my facebook page from this summer, that's about it! I'll write again soon.

Unknown said...

Hey there! I have not spent much time on the computer (obviously) this summer...I am trying to piece together what has been going on with you guys! Looks like LOTS! Anyway, very exciting that the homeschooling and moving and Ava and all the kids are doing so well! I'd love to hear more about the house and homeschool! Maybe I'll really convert my blog to a family blog soon. It won't be as exciting as yours, but a way to keep in touch. I have posted a few pics on my facebook page from this summer, that's about it! I'll write again soon.

Kerry Shealy said...

Oh, Charissa...I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through and read your blog a little while back and found out about the baby that was only with you a short amount of time. It is so hard! I have lost four babies through three miscarriages, and I understand the grieving you feel.
I think you and I have a very similar life. I have four kids (five in February), we homeschool, we want to move out to the country as soon as possible, and we look forward to adopting a child with special needs in the future. You may be able to write my blog! I bet we have many similar stories!
Kerry from RR

kristynewb said...

Baby was one of Chloe's favorite signs too. :) Any time anyone would say "baby" she'd sign it. That's one of those sweet memories that I will always cherish. It made me cry when I thought about little Ava enjoying the same sign so much. It was really special to me to read that. She's so smart!

I can understand how it brought you great joy and sadness at the same time to see her do it. I wish I could give you a big hug. I'll be remembering you in prayer extra hard the next few months.