CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

"If any of you lacks wisdom let him ask of God who gives generously to all" -James 1:5

Our realtor came over a couple of weeks ago to look at our house and discuss what we need to do to get it ready to sell (a toilet that need to be replaced from kids slamming the lid up and down, vines that need to be pulled off the bricks, doors that need to be replaced from a dog that scratches in thunderstorms, etc. etc.). We have carpet installers, painters and floor refinishing scheduled for after we move out, and we have been working hard on the yard filling in holes that the dog has dug and laying sod that the kids have torn up. By the way, I am learning that what makes kids and dogs so expensive is not just how much they eat but how much they tear up! Gracious! I am noticing that more than ever now that we are trying to fix the place up to sell!

We have been trying to figure out a way to tactfully ask our neighbors to pull their weeds, or even offer to pull weeds for them, because the view from our dining room is a weed infested "flower bed", and we want to do everything we can to make the house look nice to sell.

All that to say, the arrow through the window turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The damage to their window is going to cost...(gulp!) $180!!! Poor Simeon didn't have enough to cover it in his account (of course we'll make up for the difference). So he had to be punished....By cleaning out and mulching their flower bed(with a little help from Dad). Voila! Weed problem solved!



We actually really love our neighbors, and I would never want to offend them. I know they don't read this blog so if by some chance you happen to know them, please don't tell them I blogged about their flower bed. They would think I was so rude!!!

7 comments:

June Berger said...

God sure does work in mysterious ways, LOL! I don't think you're rude, just honest and caring about getting your home sold and blessing a neighbor. To me it's a win/win situation.

RoverHaus said...

Charissa,

What is funny is that I've been following your neighbor's blog......

Happy to see things coming along.

Tell Simeon his bum is looking good!

Shea said...

That was a great way to make amends!

Marlita said...

It doesn't hurt the sell of the house when your neighbor's weeds are pulled! When your done, feel free to send Simeon over to work on mine.

kirsten said...

Your house is looking sadly empty...can a house look sad? Mine sure did:( Lots of lovely memories of kids learning their"firsts".
Its hard to believe...too many changes lately....but I have to say that new home of yours has "Urban" all over it, and I'm sure many lovely memories to come.

liesel said...

mom i no you miss john a lot but you stell
have us

Charissa said...

test