CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

What kind of a mother schedules vaccinations and bloodwork on her child's birthday? Well that is exactly what I did today. Poor thing! Ava was not a happy camper for her first EVER birthday celebration tonight! But by golly, I worked hard baking and decorating that cake, and took three kids to Toys R Us today. We WILL celebrate a birthday and we will like it!




Yes, this is birthday cake and whole milk pureed and served in a bottle. That is one way to pack in some calories, I guess. By the way the feeding issue is resolved, thanks to this weird looking Haberman nipple. What a relief!

Come to think of it, maybe it's not the vaccinations, but the fact that every single person is singing loudly and off key!

14 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

So cute, did she not like all the noise? My daughter Cheyenne is sensitive to alot of noise around her and does get aggitated by it.

Course she is in a new place with weird little lights in front of her!! lol

She is such a doll, if you ever want to loan her out for a few months (wink, wink)

I know she had a blessed 4th birthday surrounded by love.

LIN said...

Hahaha!! Poor baby your singing sounds like our family!! Love it!
Lin

Valerie said...

"What kind of mother schedules vaccinations and bloodwork on her child's birthday?" Well, you can add me to the list! Josh received the same treatment for his 1st birthday. . .and I felt awful!

Even though it may have been a tough day for Miss Ava, it makes me so, so happy to see her surrounded by a family who adores her and celebrates the beautiful person she is! I wish I could've been a fly on the wall during her birthday celebration!!

Dalene said...

Adorable, sweet cry!

Michelle said...

oh that little cry....oh my heart. Liesel covering her ears, so precious. What a great big sister she will be. I am SO SO SO glad the habermann worked. The nipples wear out quickly though, be watching for signs of tear, k? Happy Birthday to one of my most favoritist people in the world.

Unknown said...

Haberman Nipple, might want to buy stock in that company, with people reading your blogspot, GOOGLE will probably be directing people to get these nipples. Probably would work in Senior Citizens Complexes where people have lost their teeth. Could you serve her birthday cake in that apparatus?

Bethany said...

Aww, poor sugar! She is just too sweet! I love seeing video of her! Happy Birthday sweetie!

junglemama said...

Ahh, Ava is so precious! Happy Birthday sweetie.

WheresMyAngels said...

Hey, it couldn't of been worse, you could of got her ears pierced on top of the lab work and shots!! lol

Cake in a bottle, now that is clever!

Tami said...

You're not the only one. I did the same thing last week. Maddie's birthday was last Wednesday and I had the appointment scheduled since BEFORE our referral. There was no way I could change it, so poor little Maddie had to endure poking and proding on her first American birthday.
BTW - Maddie turned 4 too!
Happy Birthday Ava!

shay said...

Happy fourth birthday to your sweet Ava!
How wonderful!

Dolores said...

Oh look! She's got a dimple too! What a doll baby! She's irresistible! Happy Birthday Ava!
Dolores

The Spicer Family said...

She looks great, Charissa...I'm so glad she got to celebrate her birthday at HOME, where she belongs. I kinda liked her birthday outfit, too. ;-)

It reminds me of that Stephen Curtis Chapman song, "All I Really Want for Christmas" where one of the lines is: All I really want for Christmas, is someone who'll be here, to sing me Happy Birthday, for the next 100 years." Can't you imagine, when Ava is much older, her wonderful siblings celebrating her birthdays each year with such joy and love!

Happy belated birthday, sweet Ava!! jill

Kevin and Krista said...

She is such a sweetie! So glad that she is home with her family in time to celebrate her 4th birthday.

Congratulations on your adoption and a happy birthday to sweet Ava!

:) Krista