CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 01, 2008

Introducing our latest "feat"....


You probably guessed that the first thing I would do when I got my hands on her is see what her little body looks like. Those nurses would freak if they saw this photo, even though it is 90 degrees on this train! She has the cutest feet and legs! I was imagining how cute she will look this summer in a little bathing suit and hat and sunglasses. :)

So much for keeping her on her orphanage schedule. It is 12:30am and I am exhausted but she is so wide awake! She already had her nap on the long taxi ride over here. She sure is a content little thing. I did hear her cry though, which was totally sweet. She started to cry when she was tired and she kept acting like she wanted me to lay her down, but we were in the taxi and she eventually went to sleep. I think we are going to have lots of fun.

We keep getting sentimental feelings looking at her passport photo...seeing her little suitcase packed with bottles and diapers and baby food....looking at her little pink coat hanging up beside ours. I still can't believe she is laying her beside me and we are on our way....HOME!!

Simeon. Liesel, Jude and Hope....You guys are getting home from school about now. I keep thinking about how much fun we will all have together soon. We will be there in just a few days now. I think Ava will like camping but I think it will take her awhile to learn how to fish. Maybe you all can teach her. You will be surprised at how flexible she is. Let's not buy any shoes for her because she could really hurt herself since she kicks her face all the time. She can stretch her legs up behind her ears!! She has a very long tongue. Liesel, I think you have finally meet your match. She will be just like a little baby at first, and we will get to teach her everything.

Marlita, you asked me about clothes size. She is wearing an 18 month outfit and it is a little big on her. So I'd say 12-18mo should fit about right. She is a skinny little thing. A couple of people asked where I got the sling. It's called a Storchenwiege, and I bought it online after researching slings for older children who are immobile. Little did I realize that she is more a baby than an older toddler, but at least she'll grow into it.

8 comments:

Simeon said...

Wow...just really Wow...wow. Your motto in the beginning was We can't Change the World, but we can change Ava's World is really becoming a reality. Tim and Simeon

The Spicer Family said...

I can't believe it!!!! I'm not a crier, but this amazing turn of events has had me crying at different points all day. What a blessing to be coming home with Ava. I've been thinking all day that it isn't too far of a drive to your city...oh, how I would love to see her in her new happy home with her fabulous parents. She will blossom!!!

Now get some sleep!!

Jill S

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

OH MY GOSH I am so so happy for yall :) I can't wait to see the photos of the homecoming and hear all about it. Prayin for quick and easy jouney :)

God bless,
Tami

Terra said...

Charissa,
I am so happy for you. God is amazing and Ava is so blessed to have you as her Mommy! Reading your blog has had me laughing, crying, but most of all reminded me how everything always works out according to God's plan. Have a safe trip home!

junglemama said...

Charissa, I love those virgin little feet. I posted on my Ukraine train blog about white virgin feet and Ava's feet fit the bill. I hope you get to come home as soon as possible. God Bless.

Bethany said...

I love it! Look at her delicate little ankles ... too sweet. She is a tiny little thing, but don't worry ... all of us are constantly being told our kids are so tiny, so it won't be any different for Ava!

I'd love to meet you guys in Boston in July for the DS convention! ;) Ok, ok .. maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. :)

juangonzalez said...

Glad to hear all went well for you guys. Ava is so gorgeous, you will see that in no time she will blossom, all they need is lots of love and a wondeful family like you guys.

Unknown said...

Urbans, we are so happy for you! My kids are all excited (and getting ideas from your Ava, like about adoption for our family) and I am thrilled for you. Antoine is in Peru, but I will tell him ALL about it when he returns! We'll pray for a great return trip!!!